Oval Throttle Body
When Dragon Performance Parts set out to design an oval throttle body, they started with a "clean sheet." No compromises were made in the interest of creating the best‐engineered oval throttle body available. Note the radiused inlet and slotted throttle shaft that sandwiches the elliptical throttle plate. Sure, conventional "slab" throttle shafts are cheaper to manufacture, but are prone to flexing...especially in boosted applications. Dual ball bearings positively retain the throttle shaft so the plate doesn't "ride" on the housing, which often results in rough operation‐and possibly a stuck throttle!
- The billet‐aluminum throttle cam features a progressive profile to improve low‐speed drivability, which is essential for
- Elliptical design offers the largest opening of any throttle body on a throttle body this large! the market—the equivalent of a 100mm round throttle body!
- Smooth radius inlet for reduced air turbulence
- Housing and throttle cam precision CNC machined from 6061‐T6 billet aluminum
- Stainless steel slotted throttle shaft results in a more rigid assembly than the more common "slab" arrangement—a must for boosted applications!
- Dual roller bearings for silky‐smooth operation
- Shaft is positively retained by the bearings—eliminates throttle shaft end play which can result in the throttle plate touching the housing and the throttle "sticking"
- Stainless steel lever arm and fasteners for strength and superior corrosion resistance—the throttle body looks better, longer!
- Throttle cam features progressive profile to improve low‐speed drivability
- P/N 600-2 does not include a provision for Idle Air Control (IAC), and is designed for 1996-2004 Mustang 4.6 2V w/Dragon P/N 501-40 (kit P/N 701-40)
- P/N 600-6 includes a provision for an Idle Air Control (IAC), and is designed for
2003-04 Mustang Cobra w/Dragon P/N 501-20 (kit P/N 701-20)